Monday, March 19, 2007

Life Without the Internet

We lost the privilege and luxury of internet for 4 nights. Now I realize that, it (the internet) is not just a privilege or luxury, but instead a necessity! I felt lost without internet, not knowing what to do. I gives me a hard time to think of what to do to kill the time, because 75% of my waking hours at home is usually filled with facing, starring, touching and embracing the laptop. That three quarter fraction of time was left vacant for that four nights when my modem was badly injured by the lightning. Therefore, I decided to use that space of time to do some cleaning, organizing, and sorting out my study room which can also be called a store (storage of documents, papers, books, newspaper cuttings, boxes, paper bags, stationaries, cards, letters, bills, stamps, etc). Well, I did some small modification on the house arrangement as well (with my wife's help + opinion + discussion = decision on how to rearrange). We did some furniture re-arrangement, some cleaning and sorting. At least I'm glad I managed to do something useful while not on-line.

I still need to do some catching up on with my favourite blogs. There are still a lot to read and digest. My wife did a great job in handling the modem situation and get us us back on-line as soon as possible. That's why I managed to published this post tonight. Thanks baby....

4 comments:

Paris David said...

My hat's off to Zura for fixing the modem! Yay!

Hey, Zaki - Thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving good comments.

I'm glad you guys are back online.

Sounds like you're a little too close to your laptop, though. :-)

What kind of laptop do you have?

I'm going to purchase one soon, so I'm scouting out my options.

I know the Sony and Toshiba's are nice.

Happy Monday,
Paula

Anonymous said...

I always wonder... the Internet is such a wonderful thing, but will our increasing dependency on it catch up with us one day?

zura said...

Awwww...it's nothing dear. I did the best I can so that you will be back kicking with the internet. Happy blogging deariieeee...

Kipas Repair JB said...

Paula,

I like your income article...
I'm exaggerated my relationship with the laptop. I'm using HP COmpaq...it's actually my wife's. Well, I agree those sony and Toshiba are nice too...Well, I'm not good in giving advice or opinion related to laptop...I just hope you'll get a good one with a good price...

Rico,

Thanks for leaving the comment. You gave me a subjective question that can be answered in various ways...Yes, the internet is there...and a lot of people are depending on it now....Including myself. Not having the internet for one day made me miss a lot of stuff...sometimes it is hard to catch up....We, the community must adapt and adjust accordingly to this new IT world. Well, that's just what i think...

Baby...

I hope we won't have to encounter life without internet again....

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro