Monday, March 26, 2007

Thought For the Day

A close colleague of mine at work that I respect email a very meaningful thought (below). After reading it, I felt connected and could relate myself to the message. I believe everybody reading it will feel the same. As we grew older, our physical/body keep changing slowly, progressively, but our self remains the same. Sometimes, we wonder and think, am I for real? Is true I'm already 20 years old? or 30 years old? or 40 years old? When I'm going to die? How will I die? I already have 3 kids, but yet sometimes I act like a child? But I am still my self. And I shall remain like this even after having grandchildren. In this short life, we should live in a meaningful way. We should be good to ourself, family, relatives, friends and communities. We should live happily even though we don't have everything we desire. Sometimes, we struggle financially but we still have a wonderful family to support and love us. We are still ourself!

"Suppose there is a plate, tumbler and spoon made of silver. Their names and forms are different, but silver is common to all of them. Names and forms change but silver remains unchanged. Likewise, a child becomes a boy, then a man and later on, an old man. The form keeps changing but the spirit remains unchanged. Do not repose your faith in the body, which constantly changes. Body is like a water bubble; mind is like a mad monkey. Do not follow the body, do not follow the mind. Follow the conscience. Conscience is the “Self”. Have total faith in the “Self”. You are bound to face problems if you rely on the body, the mind and the senses. However, so long as you live in this world, you have to discharge your duties using your body and the mind as instruments."

If you enjoyed this post then subscribe to my blog.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro