Monday, April 16, 2007

Life Goes On Stories

I'm really busy nowadays and I don't like it. A lot of jobs and reports have to be done at work. My boss suddenly resigned. My down line staffs have their own "mystery" problems of taking MC (medical leave) at strategic time. Sometimes, I don't have enough manpower on a shift to run the plant (but we still run the plant). Luckily my eyes are a little bit fine and OK. I can feel the improvement and it's not as stress as last week.

Last Saturday, on my way home from work, I stopped at Shell station to buy the Star newspaper (to see and read some business and stock investment stuff!!!). Unfortunately, the paper was not available. I don't understand why the Star always run out of stock almost everywhere except at Jusco Mall Taman University (where they have tremendous amount of the Star newspapers). Well, that's not the story I want to tell here. As I drove my car to the main road (Pasir Gudang highway), an old man waved to me from outside. He approached me. I lowered down the window. He asked me nicely whether he can take a lift to the Carrefore / Jalan Kota Tinggi intersection. He said that he have been at the petrol station for few hours already. Initially I was not sure whether to offer him a lift or not. Who knows maybe he's a stranger with bad intention!!! But, after observing him, i felt pity. I welcomed him and he hoped into my Waja (after I cleared all the papers and documents which were lying unorganized on the seat. I threw them to the back seat.

In the car, we chatted. He came from Kluang to Johor Bahru to seek for work. He arrived the day before and spent the night in a mosque at Permas Jaya. He intended to visit and stay a few days at his cousins home, but his cousin have moved. I asked him whether he have family or not? His wife had past away few years ago and his 2 children were already married and lived with their family. His kids are doing just enough to support their family. So, he cannot depend on his children financially. He still have to work at the age of 63. He added, he was earlier at Shell to seek for some work, not long, just a day or two, to buy some food and perhaps return back to his home town (if he cannot meet his cousin, where he can have shelter). I really pity him that moment. I wish I can help him financially or other ways. But, I must help myself and my family first...

We reached the junction and I dropped him. Before he left, I gave him some money (enough to buy a good lunch) and the only food stock that I have in the car i.e. a packet of half filled "kuaci" (seed). I'm glad I helped him a little by giving him a ride and some money. I hope he is safe and healthy and can find a job and meet his cousin (well, i don't know how!!!) and can survive. I hope his kids will take care of his father...

2 comments:

zura said...

My heart goes to the old man. It was really nice of you to give a little something to help him get by...

Kipas Repair JB said...

yes....totally agree

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro