Tuesday, December 19, 2006

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SELLING

I adopted this article from my subscription to Neil W. McPherron newsletter : How to Market Yourself neilazia@aol.com

Just as the paperboy on my block has to sell himself to me, so must I sell myself to him. Good-deliver insurance I call it. I'll be the nicest customer on his route for sure, if I pay promptly when he collects, if I show him that I appreciate his service - a dry paper on rainy or snowy days, and placed on my porch within easy reach of the front door.

IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOURSELF SUCCESSFULLY MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SELL

Day after day people are making an effort to sell themselves, and too many are failing because they're selling what they are not instead of what they are.

In yesterday's letter I told you about Paul Barton who I have become acquainted with recently.
His approach is somewhat different than mine but is no less effective. Paul is a marketing and sales consultant and a former director of corporate advertising programs at IBM.

I think I owe it to you, my valued subscriber to make you aware of Paul and his work. And, by
the same token you owe it to yourself to check out his material.

His books, available as ebooks, include:

HOW TO MAKE CONVERSATION, which is devoted to helping you sell yourself with conversation and small talk. (I have reviewed this book and it reminds me of Dale Carnegie's book - How To Win Friends and Influence People - which I read nearly 50 years ago.

HOW TO BUILD RAPPORT AND RELATIONSHIPS - this book is a FREE bonus to my subscribers when you purchase any one of his books.

FROM HEAD TO SOUL FOR MEN AND FROM HEAD TO SOUL FOR WOMEN - bother which give you detailed *how-to* information on present the best image of you.

HOT TO MAKE PEOPLE WANT!! TO BUY FROM YOU - a book that tells you everything you need to know about personal selling.

You owe it to yourself to check out what Paul has to offer at: http://tinyurl.com/yhob-4n

BUILDING SELF-CONFIDENCE AND COURAGE

There is no such thing as NO CONFIDENCE. Everyone has confidence in something.

If you are depressed and admit it, it shows that you have a certain measure of confidence in your
depression. Your confidence will never fail you. What can fail you are those things in which you place
your confidence.

In selling yourself successfully, absolute confidence in yourself is a must, plus a confidence that you will
not fail in the sale. Confidence in turn breeds courage. This being true, we must make sure that our self-
confidence goes to work for us because, in selling ourselves we are putting our confidence in ourselves.

We had better do so, because if we haven't got confidence in ourselves, how in the world can we
expect anyone else to have confidence in us.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro